Monday, March 06, 2006


Yeyyyy my Oscars prediction was 5-7. Good huhhhh.

First of all, don't get me wrong.........I think all should once in their lives, no matter their age, nor wealth should once in their life experience college life. Always advocate to have your kids go through college, living at dorms, not driving. Leaving little towns, rural communities, many students when they come to large colleges they start to develop different personalities. College has always been part of feeling priviledged and having the chance to grow up in such an interesting atmosphere. However, there is also a down side to dorm life. And parents should know what their not so grown up sons and daughters are doing.......Saying they are over 18, and I don't care them, should never be the case...........

Note to parents: Be part of your children's college life as U were in high school.

Many students are drawn to the big cities, like UofM, and start to get lost into the wilderness. Thus, start seeking other things to keep them busy. Some do good, study hard, and get jobs around the compus, while others spend their whole college life going to parties, and drinking on Monday mornings. Yeppp monday mornings, I have seen them. One party I went to saturday night, I never saw in my life some one get so drunk that she jumped from a very tall table to the floor, thinking it was the swimming pool. Broken nose, and call to 911. By the way, in this party, as to any other I have been to, ladies out-number the guys 2 to 1. Go figure........Don't know why, so many college females are attracted to this part of college life.........Sex, drugs, drinking, now can't be said only to guys now.......Young 18-20 year old college girls are beating the guys hands down........Some guys think this is heaven, but not so......

Some still need family involvement on their college life.........know your kids.......

8 Comments:

Blogger Rocketstar said...

Dem,

Are you serious! Women outnumber men 2 to 1!

Damn, when I was in college (graduated 1994 from St Cloud after a stint at the U), all of the parties were Sausage parties, it was horrible.

Consider yourself lucky.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Rocket....if not more, very close. The one on the weekend, I think there may have been 20 young women, and may be 8 guys..... these parties are hosted by ladies...

These days at colleges, you don't really need a luck, you open your eyes and U will find willing one....right there.....

9:31 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh my gosh that sounds horrible and very gross. I feel like going on the computer is a result of my slacking but partying and drinking on a monday afternoon is just throwing your life away not to mention the potential to be something great! My friends are good coz if i start to stray from my studies they remind me thats better that i stay home and do work rather than go out and waste my one and only oppurtunity to be something more. But don't get me wrong i still do love going out i just think priorities should be laid down before jumping.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

Dem,

OOOHHH eeeennnnvvvvvyyyy for you my friend.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Maria....Good for you....Good luck with your education....Stay away from college parties....nothing wrong with going out, but it should never get out of hand....

Rocket.....all the 20 ladies in that party, only 2 can be said were ok.....rest where wasted whores on many different ways....lost in dynamics stronger than them.....

Man you need to read this funny story that relates to this...its on today's MNDAILY(university newspaper)...about two chicks who invited four guys to their dorm.....for beer.....while having no clue who they were...they just picked them up around the campus....After the guys left, they also left with goods...in fact $7000 prized by the police......hahahahaha

mndaily.com

9:34 PM  
Blogger JBlue said...

Dem, the partying life leads so many peops to drop out of college. I have several friends who dropped out at 20 or so. Some went back later, after having children and sometimes jobs, and it's so HARD then. Soemtimes men can't go back at all because they can't find the time and their families can't afford to do without their income.

I hope my boys will do two years at a junior college (we have some really good ones around here), then go on to a iniversity (many of the local ones give tuition breaks to students coming from our junior college). Wish me luck.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

JulianB U don't need luck....I know your kids will do great....your their mother.

Maria lol.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home