Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Vote........

What a week. Let me know, what can repair brain cells.........

University of Minnesota tuition has increased 81% in last 7 years...........I wonder what the future holds for this state.....And Washington have cut $ 18 billion from student loans, and access to higher education. I don't care who you vote for, but please for the sake of your kids, vote who ever will stand for higher education. 06 isn't a presidential election year, so I fear some may not vote, and it troubles me. I will be voting, are you?


I feel like newly divorced. Some where in my head, it says you need time off, need more time to get this, need more time to realize each year in life brings new challenges, and those of us who take advantage to what put in front of us are those who are true to themselves and are individuals in their own right, who do not follow winds of daily life. Some say, time controls us, we don't control it, if right, why does it seem I have control over what I do with it? Recently talking to her, I still think my relationship with her could have worked, may still work, now is on me than her, not ready to have her back.............I don't want to make the same mistakes I have made with her, or mistakes I have made on my first few years of college's social life ever again.........I know ever means, NOTHING.......

8 Comments:

Blogger Brianinmpls said...

Dem
Good post. It is so sad the state of affairs our education system is in, people need to wake up and realize that even if they don't have children this effects them. IMHO Doctors that people see, mechanics that people bring there cars to, the people manage all the stores and conveniences that make life wonderful around us have to be educated. Even if you don't have children you depend on these people for services and advise and should be willing to shoulder the cost.

On the other topic..I feel for you brother having been going through the same type stuff with a woman, I know that it sucks. I am sorry man, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

First clear your mind with a nice buzz, somrething that brings you enjoyment with no other distractions for a few hours, or half a day. Brain cells will be abel to rest.

As a husband of a former teacher, the United States does NOT value education, until wew start to, India and China are going to kick our ass.

It's always tough to end relationships. The old saying that "time heals all wounds" is true. 22 is way too young to settle down (just ask Brian). I feel that my twenties was the true time of change to figure out what you truly need in a partner, need from yourself etc...

So I would take time to jump back into the sea and see what is out there. I haven't met many people who look back at a relationship that ended and thought that they made a mistake.

My two cents, or maye 25 cents.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Thanks guys......

Brian & Rocket.....Sen. Coleman and Rep. Kennedy are two bush members who contributed to this change, so I think if we really want to get to the bottom of this, our elected officials don't really value education as they should....

6:13 PM  
Blogger Progressive Texas Chicano said...

As someone who works with the masses in the employment placement field, I see how the lack of an education leaves applicants without the basic skills to complete an application or even answer the phone correctly. The GOP chairperson in Fort Worth was quoted in our local paper as saying "Education is not on the conservative agenda." Brilliant stupid ass. Her name is Pat Carlson and she's running for office her. Let's hope that the stupid people get smart and NOT vote for her. Good blog man!

8:11 PM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

I hate the way tution was being done. Here in Kentucky they keep on raising it I will have my AA in May thank goodness.

9:16 PM  
Blogger JBlue said...

Education is the most reliable way for people to move up in the world and make better lives for themselves. You can't blame the poor for being the poor if they have no options.

Just the other day, I read a stupid comment on another blog from someone who said that there's no excuse for being poor in this country because education is free. As a woman who will be paying student loans off until the day she falls down dead, I found that quite interesting. Even public school isn't "free."

Dem, don't settle down until you're at least 30.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't be voting for the first time since I started. TX law only allows independents on the ballot if they can gather signatures from people who didn't vote in the primaries. I'm sitting this one out. The more independents on the ballot, the worse for the republicans (democrats are a non-party in Texas. I'll posting on this next week when I work up to it.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home