Friday, April 11, 2008

Howdy..just came from night-out from Minneapolis with friends. The thing I love about Minneapolis is that even with its bitter cold winters; people here really enjoy their lives. Of all the places I have lived which are a lot, Minneapolis seems to have more happy people. I know some of U will just say bull about me saying that, but that's reality, but it's more about the city.

At nights, after 10pm Minneapolis feels like a dead place, where stepping outside of the bar to smoke or have a word with your other, U will find a dimmed lights of a sleeping city, few people wondering around, and for-ever feeling of a city which is some how at ease with it self and this is why I love Minnepolis. I have lived in New York as a young child, lived in Rome as a teen, been to most of the large American cities and in Europe, I can say Minneapolis has no equal on this feeling of a city that's both big and small at the same time. There's a feeling of nostalgic here, a great downtown of a bygone era, downtown Minneapolis has always been regarded in the past as the best city of all the cities west of Chicago & east of LA......This may not be the case in the last three decades, but still this city retains a magic that many cities that have came before or after lack, that feeling of a small community in a large metro....

Great to call this city HOME.....Minneapolis has no equal.

10 Comments:

Blogger CindyCinlou said...

Though I don't enjoy life to it's fullest I feel the same way about Louisville though it is never quiet. I am putting Minneapolis on my travel list cause it does seem to have a charm from what I have heard. I really want to go to New York sometime I hear it is a beautiful city one of my friends lives there part-time and he loves it. Right now my top place I want to go makes everyone laugh when I tell them I want to go to Canda.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wow! I have never been but you make me want to visit.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

Here, here.

12:59 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

It's strange how a community sometimes defines it's inhabitants.

Down here, it's politeness. I'm telling you, I have NEVER in 58 years, encountered such politeness across the board. Stores, public services, repairmen.....

10:18 PM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

i really like minneapolis the few times i have been there

but i will say -- i was there in february one year and that was rough

4:34 AM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

Wow, I've never looked at Minneapolis the way you have before. Well, I've actually never been...but the description you gave sounds very beautiful.
Is it...London-like? Cold, wet, foggy -- actually, I've never been to London either.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

SOG...Minneapolis is great place to visit. Atleast one time in your life try to see the Mall Of America.

Mary..Your welcome any-time..The State of 10,000 Lakes is great place.

Rocket..U know, what I mean about this place...How's Denver going!

The Future...your one funny dude. Yeah, I know. Here they call us Minnesota Nice, but take my word many people aren't that nice here. My take of Minneapolis is more about the city.

Distributorcap...welcome again. Yeah, the cold is one of the reasons, why this city isn't one of the largest in the country.

Secret Agent....I think London is more like New York then Minneapolis.....Yeah, it rains alot in London, but Minneapolis is mostly cold as in central Canada. It also gets large amount of snow. Not wet and foggy at all. Summers are also very humid here....

10:29 PM  
Blogger ♥ N o v a said...

Your description of Minneapolis sounds as though it's definitely a place to at least visit. The only thing that I probably wouldn't like is the dead feeling after 10 p.m. I like those cities that never sleep.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Nova...Yeah, that's one thing about this city..after 10 it looks dead. I mean if you drive to downtown, U will probably see people walking(most here use underground or walk-ways to get around the city) But the thing is that, people are in-doors doing the same things others living in large cities do outside. I think this comes from the cold winters here, after 9:30 peole head to indoors...but bars, restaurents, and other attractions are open to midnight or to 2pm.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home