Thursday, March 27, 2008

Little Things Matter..

I love the little things in life, the good and the bad. I didn't had class nor work yesterday and today, which is the first time for me in a while. So, I decided to call two friends who where in their spring break, I had my spring break last week.........We some how decided to head to Rochester, MN....here we were, early morning yesterday driving on the famed MN high-way 35W(yeah the high-way that had the bridge collapsed-which killed 13 people, while 100s where injured) when we started talking about what are the greatest joys or sadnes in life?

First, the usual stuff came up, family, friends, wealth, reaching some-where, Natalie Portman-Shakira-Amanda Bynes, blah, blah, blah U know the guys stuff....and by the way if U haven't noticed my love for Natalie cutey Portman yet, she's my pick of the best arse to bed..:)...Any-way things were ok up to there, but one of my friends got emotional...the three of us, he is the man's of men, the guy who doesn't really show that much of emotion, the one who had his father leave his mother when he was a kid, the one who watched and was the guardian of younger brother and sister through-out his youth, while the other two of us where running after girls and movie centers, he was the one that stayed at home and the one who had seen it all........Three of us have known each other since childhood and he isn't the guy who shows his emotions.....So i was taken back when I saw him really get tears on his eyes..not the first time, but this was the only time I can remember since I have known him..

He said, Mr. Ian!

He couldn't complete what he want to say.......

After some mins and silence he said Teacher Watt.

At this point, the other two of us start looking at each other....we both knew Teacher Watt-he was a science teacher for three of us back in high school.....but since high school this was the first time I really heard him or anyone else say or mention Teacher Watt. His real name was Teacher Ian Cole....but students used to call him Teacher Watt....he had a famous line known to all students at our school...that even in our graduation day there was contest who can mimic his tone and say "Waaaaaaatt U want". Every-time U ask him a question, he used to repeat that.."Waaatt U want".....and students used to love that line. To make this short, not known to other two of us.....for my friend Teacher Watt was one of the greatest joys of his life, that he had known him....For him, Teacher Watt was the man that made him and shown him a life he hasn't known before, that of possibilities. He said he was his angel, the one that saw his enduring love for art and biology, the one who used to call his mother every month for four years, the one who stayed after school for him to complete his work, the one who warned him and the one he seeked when he was down and when he was up...the one that had answer to his questions and he was the father he never had.

Sure, all of us have that special person, the one that U could for ever love, the one who understood U and made things right. For me that person is my mom.....

U see, back in high school, three of us really liked this teacher, as did countless others.....but the other two of us didn't really know the deep relationship between our best-friend and our chap teacher, for us he was another great teacher, one from countless others......Yep, we knew about the calls to his mother, 'cause we heard it the next day....but that was it. U see, our beloved Teacher Watt hasn't seen what my friend has became.....he passed away a year after our graduation..God bless his soul......I know he's smilling right know, knowing what my beloved friend and his beloved student has became, what he thought he would be.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Your friend is a most extraordinary gentlemen, destined to do well!

Please pass this along to your insightful friend, and let him know there were tears from a 40+ year old when that package arrived.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

joys - orgasmes, drifting into sleep, a good buzz
sadness - death, dissappointments

Have a good one Dem.

9:39 AM  
Blogger ♥ N o v a said...

I love stories like this. It reminds me of my favorite teach of all, my 6th grade teacher, Mr. Horsman. He made me believe that I could do whatever I set my heart to doing. I love and miss him to this day. He was my teacher, now over 25 years ago.

Cheers to Teacher Watt and my Mr. H. =)

4:06 PM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

Yeah your right everyone does have one of those people in their lives. Through I have two very good parents who would do anything for me that person for me was my sister. My older sister you may know her by Redneck Girl she is the one who inspired me to start a blog in the first place she also pushed me through high school and college. I think that person is really your hero because they keep you going.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

Wow, what a great post. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. It's nice when someone who's usually so serious and stoic actually show their emotions. Emotions are beautiful things.
Deep down, every one--no matter how tough they may seem--has a soft side. It's good that you and your buddies had that conversation. Keeping all your emotions bottled up would have made your friend go mad one day.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Great post. Now remember to be that person for someone else!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Distributorcap said...

wow --- to find a teacher that really cares is such a rarity today --- with so much to distract and to worry about.

good for your friend to have someone to make his life better down the road/

great story

3:42 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Mary and distributorcap...welcome..

9:08 AM  
Blogger Brandi Reynolds said...

that is so awesome that your friend had someone like that in his life for him.

we never know how we affect people.

thanks for stopping by my blog by the way!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home