Thursday, January 10, 2008

Life's many angles....

I want to the Mall of America today with few friends and took the new rail after parking at the West-Bank of the University of MN. Now, this is what I saw..It was in the morning around 11am and the one part of the rail I was in had may be around 25 people on it...but one think that caught my eye was the faces of people.

Do U ever wonder what it feels like to be one of these people U see at stations with fixed still face, like they are hurting and wonder what the f*ck is wrong with them and how U may understand their sorrow.....there was this one lady, between 45-50 and had this sad, and lost kinda of emotionless face that made me think in a second. Why her? She's one of many I see, coming back to downtown I also saw several others with such faces. I had my camara with me, but I'm very private person so I don't even think I can violote hers and take a picture so U can see what I'm talking about here. U know, this is crazy world, with so many angles...people deal with harsh realities of it everyday..f*ck I work at a hospital so I know N see this almost daily, but I never really stop feeling for them, feeling and wanting to really understand what it feels to be in that stage of lost, emptiness. May be I'm over-stating this, but I was really close to getting up and saying hi and just asking what's wrong....but didn't.


Just take a look the pic above, and tell me what U can tell about her...

13 Comments:

Blogger Brianinmpls said...

Great picture and post:)

I think she is waiting for me to sleep with her and fill her with my joy stick.

6:27 AM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

I seem to have a really hard time reading people I don't know but she looks like she is in thought and kind of sad. I wonder sometimes at work about people who can't talk about their families and their lives.

5:10 PM  
Blogger *Ren* said...

Eww why is Brian such a perv!! Dang Dem maybe we really should keep him away from Hill - haha!

5:20 PM  
Blogger *Ren* said...

This picture looks professional! I feel like this girl is waiting for something. I'm not really sure if it's a person or something more abstract.

Either way, great post!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Brian...U need to get laid...

SOG..Yeah, she does look sad...I too have a hard time reading peoples faces, but still U can tell when there's something wrong with a person....

Ren...He ain't a perv..its a man think..:) U mean Edward's 20yr old daughter! lol, Hill will surely like brian...

On the pic, yeah, it does look a professional, but also it says something about a situation, a person...One there's a two cups on the table, an empty chair...she's waiting for something, mother, sister, brother, lover, friend it's all in our imagination...it's the same I felt for the middle aged lady on the train...something is going on, which I didn't had right to understand...U know what I mean..

6:12 PM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

Yes Dem I am voting in the primary it's in May here I can't wait.

11:24 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Do U ever wonder what it feels like to be one of these people U see at stations with fixed still face, like they are hurting and wonder what the f*ck is wrong with them
Not really. I think I invented that look.:)

11:51 PM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

She does look deep in thought. This world has lost it's way and lost what we should truly be striving for as a planet.

6:45 AM  
Blogger *Ren* said...

No dem Brian is a perv - hehe!

And yes I do know what you mean. I wonder what people would have thought of me yesterday if they took a candid photo of me in barnes and noble. I saw sitting next to baby daddy and we were reading childrens books. I think the photo would have shown a rame glimps of my happiness. It seems to be fading lately but there are times, private moments that are baby related that brings me inner peace....

8:01 AM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

You should have just got up and talked to her. In high school I always noticed some people that just weren't as talkative and were the loner types. One time, a classmate had that sad look on his face. I went over and asked how he was doing and if everything was fine. He said he was OK. I asked him a second time and said he looked a bit sad...he then yelled at me and restated he was fine. Oh well, some people just don't want help.

But yeah, I was thinking about what you just wrote yesterday (as I made my lonely journey around downtown). All the people you see daily, some of them could be on the verge of hurting themselves. If you accidentally say something offensive at the wrong time/place you could instigate some pretty bad problems for them and yourself.

Anyways, my comment sorta has nothing to do with your post. But...I just thought I'll give you my tidbit. I don't know if I'm even making sense...

7:16 PM  
Blogger celestialmtn said...

One of my favorite things to do is people watch, and that look that you describe is a face that I see too often. It's a sad, faraway look that belies much pain and contemplation. I probably have that look on my face a lot myself as I love to sit in a corner cafe and get lost in my own thoughts.

Did you regret not going up the woman and asking her what was wrong?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Secret Agent said...

What's going on? No more updates?

3:40 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Thanks all...lives many angles has taken me...

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home