Saturday, April 05, 2008

This is my party........

Hey all.............where did the week went? Man, when U have fun........days go by........zooom zoooooommmm.

My grandfather who passed away few years ago used to tell me and my brothers when we were in junior high and we were starting to get involved in school groups and into politics at very younger age to always know "If you become a member of any organized group, no matter what group, U will always have an enemy". He never meant "enemy" as "hate" by people who will have different and opposite views that no matter how ugly the discussion gets, they will stick with their "I'm this, your that". I do see this in myself, not that I'm correct 100%, but I see my views being 100% what is good for others.

U see, I love my party, the DFL, I really like the views of the Democratic Party on many issues, but it should never be made to seem that we are right and everyone else is wrong. Things are going to the tube lately, people with housing crisis, 80,000 jobs lost in last month, religion starting to mingle with our political system which is never good, congress seem worthless, now is the time to at least stand for something.....

Something that says........

Yes we may have different views, even I have different views from those who are liberals like me......but we still should have one thing in common......

This is great nation, how can we keep that greatness!

The day we come and do what's right not what's good for my party, will this be done.....without concrete political will of America's liberals, conservatives, and Indies can this country's ideals may forever be lost . We shouldn't torture people, the president isn't above the congress, no secret prisons, are all things that have always made this country different, but lately it seems that torture has became the norm, this president has more power than any other president ever, the CIA is running secret prisons around the world, congress is unable to do their core business, pork spening is out of hand, tax cuts are good, but I'm the middle class now and future upper middle class...and I really don't see why I should get a tax break, while others making less than I can't. U see, we should all be this together, or the social order is trashed....which will never be good. In a way, my grandfather was right, being in a group will surely result having another group which hates your guts, but can we some how proof him wrong that we are better than that.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Rocketstar said...

Hey Dem, so who is it going to be Obama or Clinton? Clinton really has little chnace unless she SWEEPS the rest of the races.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

what's up Rocket...I don't think she has a chance. The only way Hillary can win is a coup, which will not be good for us....the Superdelegates can't destroy the party.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope springs eternal! Most of the current politicians are rotten. We need term limits. Serve your country and get out! Don't do this to make money or for ego. No way someone should be in congress 30-40 years. We need to solve our problems. Dems and Pubs spend way too much of our money and what's goin on now is a sign of our future unless we get control. Our dollar is in a freefall and the debt is soaring. We will become crippled with entitlements, military/foreign aid and payment on debt. Most people save way too litte and are ill prepared for retirement or a job loss. The economy goes in cycles and people will lose their jobs. I say let everyone take thier lumps on the housing thing. There
s blam all around, bad gov't policy of litte regulation and too many rate cuts, bad lending by banks, and people to stupid or oblivious to figure our an ARM goes up someday. Whoever is elected needs to make tough decisions that may be unpopular. We need to put aside partisan bickering and chart a new course.

4:29 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"Yes we may have different views, even I have different views from those who are liberals like me......but we still should have one thing in common......"
That would utterly destroy our political system as we know it, f0r both parties at their most basic levels are based on class envy, greed, fear, hatred and a few million other "good" things.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely know a few people who are very commited to their views, and I think that our views makes us all unique. We will never agree with everyone, but I do believe there are times when we should set our views aside and unite all as one as a human being.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Well said all around...again, there are times like these where our political differences are out-weighted by the challenges that we are facing....

Anon...the housing problems is most due to the government...which let these greedy organizations-banks lend money to people they knew couldn't afford it..not hard to understand its very simple...I agree a course of action is what should happen and we will see how that goes..

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home