Monday, October 15, 2007

Life is good, greatest nation on earth, at the greatest university. Education has been freedom/power for me...I was very non-receptive to many issues due to my family's religious and my own interests. My junior year of high school was the most engaging and eye opening year of my educational life. I was given a three pages(Rules for Radicals) writen by Saul Alinsky to read for class discussion.

Here I was, 16 year old kid, more interested on girls and football and had little interests for historical events, persons, but found a liking for this man's ideas and opinions about the world and his community building. He, Alinsky is the man who have given me all the ideas and issues I have been working on ever since and plan to work on the rest of my-life. I love it and I love that I have kept the power of education with persisitant fever and never allowed myself to be side-witched by others opinions that don't see the power, peace, freedom of the person. Reason is all we have. We have to reason on this earth.

You see, its not about being rich, being the boss, being that athlete, being that actor, being that leader, but being the one U want to be. Only understanding that, your powerful and loved, powerful and loving, powerful and loving it...could one realize the meaning of being alife.

10 Comments:

Blogger Secret Agent said...

Wow, that's sort of, really inspiring. You make my blog seem so shallow because all I talk about is celebrities. I'm dumb....and shallow.

Interesting entry, I enjoyed reading every bit of it. But, I don't understand all of it. Maybe because I am shallow and dumb. It's about being what I want to be, right? But what if I really just want to be my own, rich, leading, actor, boss? Would that be wrong? Or am I supposed to find, whatever makes me happy?

12:33 AM  
Blogger Brianinmpls said...

Amen Dem:)

6:30 AM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Nice Post! But I'm going to stay on you...) If you don't learn to communicate those feelings....... Soapbox put away now.

Thank you for the compliments at my place, but it's going to take more than just fiery writing to shake up the folks you mentioned. It's going to take a whole mindset change. But at that level, it's all about keeping the counter whirring. It's a cat fight to get to that level, an even bigger one to stay there. Too many ego's; not enough concern where it should be placed. I'm glad I'm not there, frankly. It would diminish what I write.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Valley Girl said...

True that!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

rules for radicals, it sounds right up my alley.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing very well for your life.

7:51 AM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

Great post! I think true power lays in all of us if we use it.

11:17 AM  
Blogger *Ren* said...

Beautifully written:) Realizations can lead to change and change leads to great thing!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Secret...Be who ever, but we can't all be. U get it. :). Millions of children play football/basketball each and every year in this country, but how many really make it? What matters is not how far one gets on top, but how much life, fun, admiration one has if he/she gets there or not. We have lately made our kids to think "U can be this and that" that is not reality.

Brian...U should come for the run.

The Future..lol. We need the youth on the progressive movement to get their arses to the voting booth. Each and every year we hear from them on the net, but at the end we find-out non of them voted and participating on getting their families/friends to the voting boot. I really enjoy reading your points about this, and was just trying...

Valley girl...that pic of yours is great..:)

Rocket...U gotta read this man. Man, did he change how I see things.

Chrissie...Thanks. How's going, long time no talk.

SOG....we gotta find that power...I agree.

Ren....One thing that have influenced my young life has been the reason to think critically on things. One, I change, I'm not static on things...which helps me over-come issues.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Get it.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home