Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nothing is too early to PLAN!

At this point in my life, life is great. No major changes before finishing school. But there are few things I have already started planning for.

First, with my work with various NGO'S, I want to take one full year to do some ngo work, in forest Preservation in South East Asia(Indonesia). This will give me one year, that I'm away from studying, while keeping in heart, that this region's is outdoorman's heaven. U can't beat backpacking in these serene volcanic islands, I love these blue-green hills. My roomy, who will get out of the Army next year, is looking forward to this also. It's part break for daily life of today, plus I have higher goals in the future. Some hate it, some love it, I love politics, and I can't be just be ordinary supporter. My short time with my local DFL party members, I have learnt and was shown that I may have future with politics. So, taking this into account, taking one year off, doing some work will give me the chance to learn what it takes to twist few arms, and shake hands.

Second, I want to move! "It" is "MN" and the Twin Cities. Move out of it, ever since I came to this state, I knew it was just stopping point in my life, and always knew one day I will pack-up and leave. Before I started college at UofM, my first choice was university of Oregon, due to my roots in Portland. So, in a few years, my plan is to head west, and to Oregon.

Say cheeeeeeezzzzzzz.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rocketstar said...

Hey Dem I never knew a lot of what you informed us of, interesting.

Do they have wireless now in the South East Asia rainforest yet? ;o)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Brianinmpls said...

If you need help on your future election let me know..

6:58 AM  
Blogger Brianinmpls said...

ps don't forget to add me on myspace before you go..

myspace.com\brianinmpls

10:39 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Rocket....Yep, this is just a dot of my life. Wireless will be last thing I worry, I hate snakes, and will have to deal with them alot.

Have you ever done any Study Abroad or NGO work, one of the best way to give back to the community me thinks!

Brian.....You know it, I will be calling you.....

I haven't used myspace since I left after the spring, it was one of three sites I stopped using. They were too much. For sure, I will add you before I leave.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I say cheeese heheh

I love the fact that you are such a passionate person, you definately are one to stand for the rights not only of yours but also of others, i admire that.

soorz i have to go now but i'l be bak to read more for sure ciao

9:27 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Maria........you gotta have a passion in this earth.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home