Friday, September 22, 2006

The south in my rear view mirror.

Nothing much school is going great. I love this time of the year, not hot, not cold, very good.

No Mr. Mac Davis "Texas in my rear view mirror", U had it 10% right........It's The south in my rear view mirror.

As I promised, my take on the state of the South is both one of hope and gloom. First, the south I write here is that of middle belt (Miss, Alabama, LA, Texas), not Florida, or coastal regions of the old south. This isn't bashing, but critical look on what I have seen in my brief period in this region of America. U can disagree with me, but I don't really give rat's arse if U think I'm too critical on the regio. It's what I saw, and what I saw ain't that bright.

It's still hateful states, where rural black communities do not enjoy the wealth of this great nation, and r in a missery of sh*t. Some places look like third world country, where one would think the Katrina victims look rich. Educational support which was our goal, is what's lacking here, many young children that I have met are way off on their age and grade. What the f*** are these parents doing to their kids and why are they not taking them off these schools, schools which have failed, and have no hope? I don't know, but the south of the past is still with us, and that I know.

Religion can't help U if your nothing, have nothing, ignored by your elected officials, and passed by globalization. School after school, teachers seem to emphasise religion and daily prayers, f* prayer, and the South. Yeah go ahead U sh*ts keep praying, praying, praying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rocketstar said...

Isn't it insane that there are parts of this country that are pretty much third world.

In maybe the most Christian nation on Earth, it doesn't look like the American Christians are truly following what Jesus would do...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Nerdine said...

I know someone who lives in Texas, and I'm amazed at some of the stories she tell - both on religion and politics. It's down right scary at times...

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home