Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I was there...The Bridge Collapse





























I will post some of the pics I took. I was into my last lap on two mile run at University Avenue and 10 st...It was great day to run and enjoy God's sun...when the 35W Bridge went down.....It was crazy...and scary.....haven't heard from one friend, but the rest R safe...

Awful, I hope some of the families in those cars miraculously survived......This was Just Sad On So Many Different Levels....I saw some of the wounded......and it looked to me some will not make it.........The wireless service around the University have been atrocious since the bridge collapse.....hard to get calls from friends and family....we R just standing outside our dorms and just can't take what have taken place.....I take that bridge everday....twice a day.

Hope all is well....Brian, Dawn, Rocket(hopefully is in Denver).....and all the rest.
I will post the rest later....

10 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I didn't have the news on too much today but I heard a brief update which sounded like good news for the people on and/or under that bridge.

I hope I heard correctly.

Another one went down in Mississippi today but I haven't heard anything further.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Hey Ann..

It is good news that only 6 people have dead so far...but over 20 people R still missing.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

It's very large bridge...one of the most important...almost of us who work in and around the Twin-cities and those of us who go to University of MN use it everday.....

The lady I saw is in serious condition.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

You must think I'm an idiot. I don't know what I thought I heard on CNN but it must have been terribly outdated.

Not only that but what I thought was Mississippi was the same disaster. The Mississippi River, not the state.

I hear the count is up to at least nine. Truly a tragedy.

I'm so sorry.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Brianinmpls said...

Dude that is too weird I was probably standing right next to you where that picture is taken from. We were down playing softball off of seven corners on campus and all ran over it was crazy!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Rocketstar said...

This is insane.... kind of feels wierd being in Denver and seeing this happen to my home town... Hope everyone is alright.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Ann....It looks only 4 people so far, even though they have few more people still sitting in their cars under water...

Brian....small world. I run on the 10 street bridge every other day....

Rocket....your home-town is the center of attention...the decider(bush) is coming here on Saturday.

7:25 PM  
Blogger CindyCinlou said...

I am glad your okay I thought of you when I heard. It is a terrible tragedy they are taking a close look at our bridges now because one has the same ratings and everything. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Thanks Soap Opera girl.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Will be built the end of the year...08

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home