Monday, October 17, 2005

What I'm reading............

I'm into historical books and this next two weeks I will be reading two very important historical works that will give me inside to genocidal world...................

1) Blood and Vengeance; by Chuck Sudetic.............If U ever want to know why the Balkans are hotbed for genocidal intent read this book......

2) Love and Conquest; by Many writers............Catherine the Great and Potemkinā€™s peerless love-affair and political partnership..........The making of future troubles in Russia.........

3 Comments:

Blogger celestialmtn said...

I have not yet read Blood and Vengeance, but I've heard that it is a powerful, gripping book.

I also haven't read Love and Conquest, but in college, we did study some of the correspondence beween Catherine the Great and Potemkin. Their love affair was legendary.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Hey........I'm really enjoying reading "Blood and Vengeance".....One of the best works in the Balkan Conflicts....

Your right Catherine and Potemkin have very legendary history..... Their letters are classic..What's more amazing is the way they knew what will face Russia in the future.....The Serfdom problems...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Nerdine said...

I envy people who are able to read books like that. I studied ancient history and read books like that all the time, but now- when I'm not studying anymore I can't seem to get through them. I start them, I enjoy what I read, but I never seem to get past the first few chapters.
Maybe time to try again...

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home